Page - POLICIES / FAQs
For your convenience, our policies and most common customer questions are answered right here.
Not finding what you want? Reach out directly through our Contact Us page or give us a call.
Q: What is your cancelation policy?
A: Being a local family owned business, we try to work with everyone on a case-by-case basis for cancelations. However, due to the smaller size of our facility, and being in a small town with limited lodging options, reservations are often made well in advance with few leaving it to chance. Because of this, cancelations can often leave precious rooms empty that could’ve been filled by others, especially in the summer and for special events.
So please be certain in your plans when booing a room and be considerate of others if there is an unforeseen change in plans to leave plenty of time for someone else to take advantage of the room.
Any modifications resulting in a reduction in your stay or cancelations made within 7 days of your stay, will be charged for a min of one night and up to two nights (if the room was reserved for two or more nights) Any no call / no show will be charged for the entire stay duration.
Q: What is your pet policy?
A: We love pets, and welcome them onto the property. Not all of our rooms are pet friendly (Historic rooms are not), so be sure to let us know when making your reservation over the phone, or select a pet friendly room (any of our Courtyard Suites) when booking online. Our pet fee is $10/pet/stay.
If you do bring your pet along please be aware of the following:
- Pets are allowed in select rooms and areas on the property, such as the outdoor patio, but are not allowed in non-pet friendly rooms, or in the dining room. Additionally, pets are not allowed on the beds, to use the blankets or duvets, or be allowed on the furniture. We will happily supply a doggie/kitty bed if requested.
- Keep your pet leashed when outside of your room, as you never know if your pet will be welcomed by someone else or by their pet.
- Pets shouldn’t be left unattended for any extended period of time. If you do decide to leave your pet behind for a little while, be certain they will happily nap, and not bark, chew, go to the bathroom, get on the furniture, or cause any other problems.
- In the event you do need to leave your pet behind for an extended period of time, they should be kenneled and you will need to request our pet walking service be added to your bill for the day so we can take them out for you.
- Please be considerate of the other guests, and if you know your pet can be a handful, for example not being able to control their barking, it’s probably best if you make other arrangements instead of bringing them along.
- Be courteous and always pickup after your pet.
The following are potential extra charges should your pet misbehave:
- $10.00 extra charge for excessively dirty/hairy room.
- $10.00 extra charge for bathing your pet in the shower.
- $10.00 extra charge for pets sleeping on the bed or furniture.
- $10.00 extra charge for not picking up after your pet, or breaking leash policy.
- TBD extra charge (based on cost) for damages from chewing, scratching, excessive barking, etc.
Q: What time is Check-in and Checkout?
A: Check-in is 3:00PM and Checkout is 11:00AM. Should you desire an early or late check-in/out, please contact us to make arrangements.
Q: Do you offer breakfast?
A: Yes, but given the unique size of the property – too big to treat B&B style, yet too small to hire someone to cook breakfast, we only offer a courtesy light continental breakfast of bagels, cereal, juice, and coffee. We hope you understand our dilemma, and we appreciate your understanding. There are several other choices in town for breakfast if you are looking for something more substantial.
Q: Is your restaurant and bar Agatha’s open?
A: Sorry, not at this time. Our focus has always been on the Hotel and providing the best night possible for our guests passing through. Because of our lack of expertise in food and beverage and being unable to secure suitable staff in the year we ran it, we decided to close it for the time being. We know it is missed and we will update our site if it reopens.
Q: Looking for information regarding ADA Service Animals, special requests, and accessibility:
Due to the age and historic nature of our property most of our rooms are located on the second floor. Should you have any special needs, requests, or accessibility concerns please contact us direct for your booking so that we can best serve you. We are always happy to assist in any way possible, such as carrying bags upstairs, or noting the need for a ground floor room. ADA service animals are always welcome in our rooms free of charge. Emotional Support and Therapy dogs are welcome in our Courtyard Suites subject to our standard pet policy, including our $10/pet stay fee. Thank you for your understanding and consideration.
Q: Do you offer Green / 420 Rooms?
A: Not at this time. However, we do have an enclosed courtyard that with discretion, and respect for other guests can be a place to partake.
NOTE: Smoking of any kind (including vape pens) is not allowed in any of our rooms. There is a $250.00 fine for any violation of this policy. For those who smoke cigarettes please do so in the alley on the West side of the building or in the courtyard while being courteous of others.
Q: What about loss, damage, missing items or if somehow we cause damage to the facility or its contents?
A: We do live in a safe town, but unfortunately in the event of a loss of any kind the La Veta Inn cannot be held responsible. So use your best judgment when it comes to personal possessions and locking up.
By choosing to stay with us, you accept any and all liability and responsibility for any damage done to the facility or its furniture/contents and any items taken from the room that you, any of your guests, or pets may cause. You are authorizing any such assessed charges, which can exceed the damage or item itself to include lost revenue from discounts, comped rooms, and/or non rentable rooms, to be run on the credit card used for booking. Should the card decline, you will be held responsible for reasonable attorney fees in collecting the debt.
Thank you for your respect and understanding regarding these policies. We want everyone to have an enjoyable stay, and have created these policies in an effort to maximize everyone’s equal enjoyment at the La Veta Inn. We look forward to having you.